Thursday, January 26, 2012

Hush Little Puppy

How did my puppy go from this 
To this

Yes that is Titus stretching all 95 LBS of himself across the entire bottom half of our bed.

Tonight I said enough is enough, no more sleeping in our bed. Not only is he far to big but I am ALLERGIC to him. And he is only halfway grown. 
We started off by heading up to bed a little earlier than usual, he was so confused.  He whined for almost a half an hour then I took him out, brought him back upstairs laid him on his bed and told him that that is where he needed to stay. He then whined for another half an hour. Levi was able to fall asleep to it. I just ignored him. Right after 11 he gave up and went to his bed. I hope he makes it all night.
 He was just up and moving, all he did was get a drink walked around the bed, saw that I was still up looked at me with those big beautiful puppy brown eyes, then went back to his bed with a humpf.
 Yes my dog has an attitude. But when you own a Great Dane you have to make sure it stays in check. I have been letting Levi let Titus get away with far to much. At 9 months old Titus can put his feet on Levi's shoulders (who is 6 feet) and kiss him right on the nose. He really is a gentle giant, but he gets excited and cannot control himself sometimes. 
So we have taken our first steps. We will start being more strict with him. No more sleeping in mommy and daddy's bed, no more getting on the couch, no more eating throughout the day, and no more jumping, even if daddy wants hugs. 

For some reason I feel like the bad guy, but someone has to enforce the rules.


*We did not make it all night. Levi let him up at 1:49

No comments:

Post a Comment