Tuesday, March 22, 2011

New Furniture

So last weekend, I (and Levi) spent more money in one sitting that we ever had in out entire lives.There was a store having KILLER deals on whole living room sets. I have been looking around at all kinds of different things because Levi and I really have nothing except our wardrobe. I found this living room set and fell in love with it. At first I was hesitant because I am living with my In-laws and Levi and I have no idea where we will be living in just a few months. So showed it to Levi and he liked it then he said to talk to mom and see if I could put it somewhere in the house. (the front room was empty) She said that would be fine. Soooo last weekend Dawn and I went to the store to make sure it wouldn't be too big and would be comfy. About an hour later (we had to make a few calls cuz Navyfed cards have spending limits) Levi and I owned furniture. Today it arrived =]
This is my new swivel chair


The sofa



the "armless" love seat
I liked the idea that the love seat was separate and armless, this means that I can put it on either side of the sofa or have it completely detached and placed somewhere else if I need to.

the "little" ottoman

the tv stand. I didn't have them put it together because we will not be using it until Levi gets his station

the "big" ottoman. already in use 


it all put together
It has micro fiber cushions and pillows with a black leather base and oversized cocktail ottoman. The cushions are not white, the are called"mushroom" it is truly closer to a light sand brown, and the pillows are dark brown, rust brown, and caramel brown.



A 55 inch Samsung tv was included with the package. I will pick it up from best buy soon.
I have been sitting on the couch making sure Pugs and Dot know that they are not aloud on it, that is pugs sulking by front of the door.
I LOVE IT!!! and for all of this
 1.sofa
 1.one love seat 
1. ottoman/chase 
1. oversized cocktail ottomen 
1. swivle cahir 
1. tv stand 
12. pillows
and a T.V
 we spent less than 3 grand. (the tv alone is worth $1,000) I see a long life in this furnitures future.

2 comments:

  1. looks very nice. An d since it is many pieces if you do en up with a small living room you could still use the other pieces in other rooms in the house. I am glad you were able to do this and with cash that is a big blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my thoughts exactly=] It did use up a good chunk of our savings, but I thought that I would have to "settle" on used furniture for a long time, I was relieved when I found such a good deal. If I get sick of the pillow colors, it will super easy to change it up with cases that I can make =]

    ReplyDelete