Wednesday, February 15, 2012

My Top 5

The top 5 questions I get asked, in no particular order 
1. How old are you?
2. You got married at what age?
3.Were you knocked up?
4.Do you plan on having kids?
5.Well have you tried this?
and no this is not the whole list, just the most often asked


Yes I was married at 18, no I wasn't "knocked" up, and I would love more than anything in the world to have a child. 
I can usually handle the age questions no problem. I mean is it not the norm to get married at such a young age without such a drastic motive behind it. I just love him, isn't that enough? 
but when they start asking about our plans to have babies it gets harder to keep a smile on my face. I really don't want to throw my infertility  into anyones face and make them feel horrible for all the questions about children. Sometimes I just say oh ya we want them sometime in the future, or ya just not at the moment. Levi just responds with we are trying. 

It really bugs me is when people start telling me how they got pregnant.  I mean it's awesome that they were blessed with clockwork cycles and know the exact day they ovulate. But as much as they like to think they are helping, I have PCOS. I have never had a regular period. Even when I was on the pill I would skip one or two periods. There is no such thing as "perfect" timing for me.  And no, I don't want to stand on my head or do a back bend for 30 minutes. 

BUT what I find really annoying is when people say " your young, you have plenty of time." But what happens if I do just wait. When is the right time to start trying? I know of people who have been trying for years and years. 
And then there is the, just adopt approach. Thats all find and dandy, and truly I have no opposition to adopting.  I have even looked into it. Most agencies will not adopt to anyone under 30. I do not want to wait 10 years. I know that I might have to, but I don't want to. 


At this point in time, I am on cycle day 23. I had blood drawn on monday, but have not been called by the doc to say what he results are. I am "supposedly"in what is called by others the 2 week wait.  Thats if my body decides to be somewhat normal. Aunt Flow should be here at the beginning of next week. I'm not sure if I will be happy or sad to see her. If she comes it means my body is working right, but it also means I'm not pregnant. 


ok end rant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment