Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Be Still

Have you ever been walking in a forest first thing in the morning while the fog is still lifting from the trails? 
If you haven't it is something that you need to experience at least once in your lifetime.

As I was walking one thing kept coming to mind. 

Be still and know that I am God. 
I will be exalted among the nations,
 I will be exalted in the earth. 
Psalms 46:10

Ok, so I was not just out for a stroll, I happened to be on the job. I had three teen age girls with me and I kept thinking, "How can I be still with three lively young ones?" And then it hit me, I can keep my mind still. My brain has been moving non stop since Monday. I needed to stay focused on the task at hand and not let my thoughts stray from one thing to another. So I did. 
I know that when you read this verse most start to contemplate our Father and what it means to be still in Him. But that was a little much for me today.

Instead I focused all my attention on Kaye, Maddy, and Ally. I did nothing but think of them. I did not think about how much IVF is.  I did not think about how much adoptions can cost. I did not think about how long it could be before I become a mom.

 No, I spent wonderful morning photographing three beautiful young women.



No comments:

Post a Comment